To diagnose and workaround this issue, perform the following actions:
- Log into the Cloudera Manager database and run a query against all the services in the Roles table.
select role_id, name, configured_status from ROLES where configured_status = "STOPPING"; -- Replace STOPPING with STARTING depending on the use case.
- Note any roles that you know for certain are stopped but are indicated as "STOPPING" or any roles you know for certain are started but are indicated as "STARTING"
- Execute an update statement to set the role to the correct state.
update ROLES set configured_status = "STOPPED" where role_id = #; -- Replace STOPPED with RUNNING depending on the use case.
- Re-execute the select statement to check to ensure the configured_status is now indicating the correct state.
- Start or stop the role as required.